Major Functions of the Embassy
The Embassy is headed by the Ambassador who is represents the president of the Republic of Malawi. The Ambassador, together with other diplomatic members of staff, conducts official business of the Government of the Malawi in the Arab Republic of Egypt. The main duties and services of the Embassy are as follows:
- To facilitate and coordinate economic activities relating to trade, investment and tourism in Egypt, and other accredited countries, namely; Algeria, Eritrea, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia.
- To facilitate the mobilization of aid and technical assistance from Egypt and all the Embassy’s accredited countries.
- To facilitate issuance of passports to Malawian nationals and travel documents to foreign nationals wishing to visit or reside in Malawi.
- To meet with nationals on matters affecting their social well-being. Make regular visits to communities where nationals reside to listen to their concerns and address these needs where possible.
- To authenticate legal documents for Malawian nationals living in Egypt and other accredited countries and for companies doing business in and with Malawi.